Cancer is a common disease in India, but there’s a lack of knowledge about it. People have various questions related to cancer that go unanswered most of the time. Some common questions related to cancer are:
- Which is the Best Cancer Hospital in Delhi?
The best cancer hospital in Delhi is any hospital under the Max Group. The best hospitals have world-class facilities and provide high-quality treatment. The well-renowned doctors have years of experience in treating cancer patients.
Who Can Get Cancer?
Anyone can be diagnosed with cancer at any age. But some of the risk factors of cancer are as follows:
- Alcohol consumption
- Older age
- Family history
- Viral infections like HPV
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- How Does Cancer Occur?
The cells in the body grow, divide, and die. Usually, the old and dead cells are replaced by new cells. But sometimes, uncontrolled cell mutation takes place in the body.
- It leads to the formation of a tumor which can be benign or malignant. If the tumors are cancerous or malignant, the following things can happen:
- Malignant tumors attack the healthy tissues in the body.
- They can spread to other body parts and lead to new tumors in those areas.
- When the tumor spreads to the other parts of the body, it reveals a later stage of cancer.
- What Are the Stages of Cancer?
The different stages of cancer are as follows:
- Stage 0: In this stage, the cancer is still in the place it started. Stage 0 cancers can result in full recovery in most cases.
- Stage I: In this stage, the cancerous tumor is small and has not spread to nearby tissues. It is often called early-stage cancer.
- Stages II and III: In these stages, the cancerous tumors are large and have grown into nearby tissues. They might also spread to the lymph nodes but not to the other organs.
- Stage IV: In this stage, cancer spreads to the other organs of the body. The fourth stage of cancer is known as advanced or metastatic cancer.
- What Are the Symptoms of Cancer?
In some cases, the symptoms depend on the location of the cancer. Sometimes a person does not experience any symptoms until cancer reaches an advanced stage. Some common signs and symptoms of cancer are as follows:
- Losing more than 10 pounds weight suddenly
- Pain and fatigue
- Changes in skin color
- Changes in bladder function or bowel habit
- Sores not healing over a long time
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- A lump in body parts such as the breast
- Sudden changes in a mole or wart
- Persistent hoarseness or cough
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Is Cancer Genetic?
The cause of cancer is cell mutations or changes in genes that control the functioning of our cells. It causes our cells to behave unusually. Sometimes the cell mutations can be inherited.
Around 5-10% of cancer cases are genetic. But the chance of cell mutations occurring during a person’s lifetime is higher. But for anyone with a family history of inherited cancer, genetic testing is mandatory.
- What is the cost of Breast Cancer Treatment in India?
The average cost of breast cancer treatment is around Rs 7,00,000. Breast cancer treatment costs in India depends on the following factors:
- The hospital you have chosen for your treatment
- Type of treatment you are receiving such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- The stage of the cancer
- Is Cancer a Contagious Disease?
Cancer isn’t contagious, unlike a cold or the flu. You can’t catch cancer by coming in contact with a patient suffering from the disease.
What Are Some Treatment Options for Cancer?
Some treatment options for cancer are as follows:
- Chemotherapy: It revolves around using drugs to destroy cancer cells in the body. But chemotherapy often harms the healthy cells in the body and causes side effects.
- Targeted drug therapy: Some newer drugs are used to block proteins or genes found in cancer cells. Targeted drug therapy is less harmful to healthy cells. But even targeted drug therapy can cause some side effects.
- Immunotherapy: It revolves around using drugs and hormones that can help the immune system fight cancer.
- Radiation therapy: It revolves around using high-powered energy beams to destroy cancer cells in the body.
- Surgery: It helps in removing the tumor or a large part of it.
Schedule your appointment with an oncologist today. You can consult some of the best oncologists with years of experience at Max Group Hospitals. The doctors have the necessary training and skills to design the best treatment plan for cancer patients.