Upgrading the firmware on your router is important as it will open the gateways for new advanced features and security improvements that are essential for the device. Moreover, the new version of firmware also fixes the bugs and the issues you might be facing while accessing your router. Every router is different but uses the same process for upgrading its firmware.
Although, updating the firmware is not a tough job still, sometimes users find it difficult to perform. To ease the task, here we have come up with the information to update Netgear R8000 firmware. Just have a look at the below-given information.
Netgear R8000 Firmware Update Using URL
Important Note: Before proceeding further, use the computer with a wired connection to avoid the wireless disconnection issues.
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Now, switch on your preferred device.
- Launch any internet browser on your device.
- Visit the Netgear Nighthawk login page.
- Then, you are required to enter the routerlogin.net admin username and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Browse the cursor to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced option, go to the Administration and choose the Firmware upgrade option.
- Then, wait till the Netgear router will search for any new updates.
- If the new updates are available for the Netgear Nighthawk router, click on the Yes button.
- Wait for some time, till the Netgear R8000 update process is completed.
- Then, the Netgear router will restart automatically.
Netgear R8000 Firmware Update Using the IP address
If your Netgear login URL is not working, then you can also use Netgear default IP to access the Netgear Nighthawk login page. Here, we have mentioned the step-by-step information to update your router using the default IP address.
- First and foremost, download the firmware online according to the model number.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file and save it on your desktop.
- Visit, the Netgear Nighthawk login page by entering the Netgear Nighthawk default IP, i.e. 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, you will be directed to the Netgear login page.
- Enter the Netgear default username and password.
- Click on the Log in button.
- Once logged in, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Administration option.
- Then, select the Firmware upgrade option.
- Next, you are required to click on the browse button and select the downloaded file you just saved on your desktop.
- Then, click on the Upload button.
- Wait for some time until the R8000 firmware update process completes.
- Restart your Netgear nighthawk router to finish the Upgrade process.
Netgear R8000 Firmware Update Using Nighthawk App
After completing the routerlogin.net setup, you can easily upgrade your Netgear Nighthawk R8000 firmware using the Netgear Nigh hawk App.
- Connect your smartphone to the high-speed internet.
- If you are an Android user, visit Google Play Store on your device. And if you have an iOS device, then you are required to get the APP from the Apple Store.
- In the search tab, look for the Nighthawk App.
- Then, click on the Nighthawk App from the search list to initiate the download of the App.
- Once the downloading process is complete, go through the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- Log in to your router using the app and tap Update Firmware.
- Wait for some time until the Netgear R8000 firmware update process completes.
Finally, the update process of your Netgear Nighthawk router is completed. Now, you can enjoy the advanced features of your Netgear R8000. If you have any questions, just mention them in the comment section. We’d love to hear from you.