Are you facing an issue with your Rockspace WiFi extender as its keeps on dropping WiFi connection? If yes, then don’t need to worry. Here, we bring you some basic troubleshooting methods which will help you to resolve Rockspace Extender dropping WiFi connection. Just head further to gain more knowledge.
Troubleshoot: Extender Keeps Dropping WiFi Connection Issue
Reboot your Rockspace Extender
Before executing any other troubleshooting method, we suggest you reboot your Rockspace extender. Sometimes minor technical glitches are the root cause behind the occurrence of your issues which might be removed by rebooting your rockspace extender.
- Disconnect all your WiFi-enabled device from the Extender and turn it off.
- Then, unplug your Rockspace extender from the power source.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug it again into the power socket and turn it on.
- Then, re-connect your WiFi-enabled device to your WiFi extender to access its services.
Now, check whether the issue you are currently facing has been resolved. If not, then browse to the next method.
Verify your Internet Connection
Make sure that your device is getting stable internet connectivity to run smoothly. If your devices are connected using a wired connection, then make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using for the internet connection doesn’t have any wear or tear. Else, you’ll get stuck with an issue. Therefore, you need to change your Ethernet cable if you found any damage. If you are using a wired connection, then make sure that your Rock space extender is placed within the range of your home router to avoid loss of connection.
Avoid WiFi Interference
Avoid objects like refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth speaker, or other smart home appliances which uses radio signals for transmission as they can disrupt your WiFi signals. Therefore, you are required to be careful while placing your Networking devices.
Upgrade Your Rockspace Extender Firmware
Using an outdated version of your Rockspace extender firmware can also be the reason behind the outcome of your WiFi dropping connection issue. Therefore, we suggest users keep their Rockspace extender firmware updated to the latest version. Here, we have listed a step-by-step process to update your rockspace extender firmware. Just have an eye at the below section.
- Switch on your Rockspace extender and computer system.
- Access a web browser on your computer device.
- In the address field, type Rockspace extender default login URL and hit enter.
Important Note: If you aren’t aware of the default login URL, then you can also use the default IP i.e. 192.168.1.1 to access the Rackspace login page.
- On the Rackspace login page, enter the default username and password in their respective field and click the Log In button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you’ll view a Rockspace extender setup wizard.
- On the Rockspace extender setup wizard, take your cursor to the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, click Administration and select Firmware Update.
- Thereafter, you need to click the Check button to look for the new updates for Rockspace extender firmware.
- If new updates are available, click Yes to begin the firmware update.
- Then, you just need to follow the instructions to complete the Rockspace extender firmware update process.
Finally, your Rockspace extender firmware is updated to the latest version.
Reset and Re-configure Your Rockspace extender
Performing a hard reset of their Rockspace extender and re-configure it from the scratch is the last resort when nothing works for you. Howbeit, some users aren’t aware of the process to reset their Rockspace extender to the default factory settings. If you also got the same fate, then browse through the steps to reset your Rockspace extender without any trouble.
- You need to look for the Reset button on your Rockspace extender.
- Once you have located the button, push and hold the button using the pin-pointed object till the LEDs start blinking.
- Then, your router will restart automatically and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Now, re-configure your router using the Rockspace extender login default URL and enjoy the internet services in a hassle-free manner.
Hopefully, by going through the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, you can easily fix the Rockspace extender dropping WiFi connection issue. If we have missed any other methods, then let us know in the comment section.
Also Read: Virtual Reality Apps