INTRODUCTION: WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF COACHING!
As a Business Startup Coach, I help new entrepreneurs reduce the overwhelm by guiding them through starting and marketing their new business.
WARNING: Most coaches fail before they start.
Either they become so overwhelmed that they give up or they don’t take the time to understand the technical aspects of how to start a coaching business. If you want to know about UK based business coach then you need to read the article.
This is NOT a motivational piece of content. You won’t find any rainbows and unicorns here. This is a long practical article on HOW TO START a Coaching BUSINESS.
It’s the nitty-gritty. And, if you don’t understand the nitty-gritty, you will fail.
Here’s what we’re going to discuss in great detail.
How to Start a Coaching Business
- Define Your Skills, Not Experience
- Start Coaching Today
- Develop a Coaching Niche
- Choose a Coaching Business Name
- Incorporate Your Coaching Business
- Understand Your Finances & Expenses
- Gain Coaching Certifications
- Purchase Business Insurance
- Establish Retirement & Healthcare Benefits
- Build Your Team
- Develop a Coaching Business Plan
- Purchase Recommended Software & Technology
THE ADVANTAGES OF STARTING A COACHING BUSINESS
- Market Demand – The demand for quality coaches is high. But, the “riches are in the niches.”
- Low Technology Costs – You can start a coaching business with a computer and basic software. As you get coaching clients, upgrade to better tools, software, and technology.
- Low Barriers to Entry – Although I recommended a coaching website, you really need don’t one. Some coaches only have social media profiles and start finding coaching clients by reaching out to their network for potential clients.
- Speed to Market – If you can coach someone through solving a specific challenge, then finding your first coaching client is the only thing holding you back.
- Freedom of Choice – You are the captain of your ship. You choose your coaching clients. Plus, when, where, and how you coach them. You can say no! You have the freedom to fire a nasty coaching client. It’s your choice, do what’s best for you and your client.
- Love Your Work – No more sitting in a shitty cubical, listening to the buzz of the lights above. No more hating your work. When you start a coaching business, you can do what you love every single day!