Our heart is among the organs that continuously work even we sleep. It is the most vital organ in the body responsible for pumping blood throughout the body; therefore, it is essential to take better care of it. Food habits, stress, and a sedentary lifestyle are a few things that may disturb the normal functioning of the heart and can also increase the risks of several cardiovascular problems.
In these conditions, yoga is the best way to take care of your heart health. According to the top cardiologist in Islamabad, practising yoga daily can maintain your heart health. Even the British Heart Foundation recommends people living with heart problems practice yoga.
Yoga plays an essential role in reducing anxiety, and stress, and lowering the risks of depression which all lead to your heart health.
Yoga for Heart Health
Here is the list of some best and most effective yoga for your heart health:
1-Extended Triangle Pose
How to do an extended triangle pose?
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart. Turn your right word inward and left foot out
- Now face forward and takes deep breaths and raise your arms out to the sides so that they form a T with the torso
- Exhale and move your left hand down to your shin. Try to bend as far as you can and lift your right arm up
- Bring both sides of the torso parallel to the floor. Try to line your neck with your torso
- Now look at your right arm and take two to three deep breaths
There are several benefits associated with an extended triangle pose. It increases stability, activates the core muscles, reduces stress, stimulates the organs, lengthens and stretches the spine, and opens the shoulders and hips which may all lead to better heart health.
2-Half Spinal Twist Pose
How to do a Half Spinal Twist Pose?
- Sit on the mat with the legs extended in front of you
- Bend the knees and drop the right knee on the ground and move the right foot close to the left hip, and bring the left ankle close to the right let
- Raise the right arm, and then take it back and place your hand on the ground behind your
- Raise your right arm and lower it to the left thigh
- Turn your waist, neck, and shoulders towards the right, try to keep the spine erect and take a few breaths
- Hold this posture for a few seconds, and then return to the standing position.
In addition, it is also important to maintain the level of c-reactive protein (CRP) in the blood for maintaining good heart health. You can get this test from any lab near you. However, the CRP test price in Pakistan is comparatively low than in other parts of the world.
3-Cow Face Pose
How to do a cow face pose?
- Sit down on the mat and bend the knees
- Stack the right knee over the left knee, your legs should be close to your hips as possible
- Take the left arm behind and bend the elbow
- Take the right arm overhead and bend the elbow and interlock the fingers of both hands. Try to hold this position for at least thirty seconds
This pose plays an essential role in relieving chronic knee pain, strengthening the abdominals and spine, and clearing the hip joint. All these improvements may lead to better heart health.
How to do a bridge pose?
- Lie down on the ground with feet on the ground and knees bent. The legs should be apart from each other
- Rest your arms at the sides of the body with your palms facing downwards
- Press your feet to the ground, take deep breaths and gently lift your hips
- Press the shoulders and arms on the ground to lift the chest, try to hold this position for four to eight breaths, and then return to your normal position
Bridge pose calms the body and alleviates mild depression and stress. In addition, it also stimulates the organs of the abdomen. When depression and stress are alleviated, your heart becomes healthy.
5-Seated Forward Bend Pose
How to do a seated forward bend pose?
- Comfortably sit down on the ground with legs extended in front of you and your hands resting by your side
- Stretch the hands in such a way that the fingers are pointing towards the ceiling
- Take deep breaths and draw the spine up long
- Exhale and bend forward to touch the toes with the hands
- Your belly should rest on your thighs and the nose between your knees
- Try to stay in this position for a few seconds
Heart health is very important to maintain because if your heart is not healthy, then it would be difficult to improve and maintain your overall health. The above-mentioned yoga postures would be effective to improve your heart health and overall health as well.